Tuesday, December 28, 2010

An Audience of ONE

Each day I receive a daily devotional email from the Purpose Driven Connection by Rick Warren: 


http://profile.purposedriven.com/managesubscriptionssimple.aspx


On Christmas day the devotional included a prayer of thanksgiving to God...here is part of that prayer:

**I feel like celebrating right now, knowing that I am now on your side, instead of being at war with you. I know that with you I will never again be lost and alone. I am a new person today, and I recognize what I have just been given. I pray that, as I continue to grow spiritually every day, I will come to understand everything you have just accomplished in my life. By faith, I know I can trust you to be in my life today - and every day. I know I can count on you when things get tough, and knowing I will spend eternity in your presence gives me such hope!
Thank you, Jesus, for the peace you have given me. I pray you will use me as an instrument of that peace so I can help my family, friends, and the world in which I live. I feel so different right now, knowing that you and I are now OK, knowing I am on the road to a deeper understanding of what it means to live for an audience of one. I ask you to help me pray when I become upset so that I will have your peace in any situation I face - good or bad. Help me to get ready to help other people as others have already helped me. I want to make a difference in this world, and I want to help everyone I meet have the same hope I now have. I can't do this alone, so I ask you to make me a peacemaker.**


This prayer really spoke to my heart, especially the part about living for an audience of ONE. Wow. I've never heard it put quite that way before. But, we really are living for only Jesus and what HE thinks. This is a difficult concept in our world today when so many of us are trying to impress one another...friends and strangers alike. Jesus and his opinion of me if the only thing that matters. 

I want to ask God to help me with this daily...I am definitely "of this world" in this area...I care so much about what people think even though I say that I don't and sometimes I truly think that I don't, if I'm really honest with myself and God, I do. Please Lord, help me with this and help me to live for an audience of ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment